Tamarind-Jaggery or, Meethi Imli ki Chutney which is a sweet-sour chutney to go along with chaats, samosas..
Tamarind – 3/4 cup
Jaggery – as per your taste (3/4 cup)
Sugar – 2 tsp
Salt – as per your taste
Black Salt –1 tsp ( skip if u don’t have)
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger Powder –1/4 tsp
Chat masala – 2 tsp
Hot Water – 1 lt
- Soak tamarind in hot water for half an hour.
- Then remove pulp and strain it for tamarind juice with strainer.
- Boil this juice in medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add all the spices, jaggery etc.
- Boil it in medium flame till it gets thickness.
- Once cooled down, transfer to airtight bottles and store in refrigerator.